Abortion Pill up to 7 weeks
The Abortion Pill is EFFECTIVE and SAFE and is a reasonable option for women seeking abortion in the first trimester.
What to Expect
- Upon arrival at the clinic, you will complete a PATIENT RECORD. To save time, complete this form in the privacy of your home and bring to your appointment.
- We will perform some basic lab work to determine the Rh factor of your blood type.
- You will meet the doctor before the abortion when he does the ultrasound exam to determine how long you have been pregnant.
- Take this opportunity to ask questions about the abortion pill procedure. Doctor will spend as much time as you need to answer your questions.
- A counselor will talk with you privately to explain the procedure, what to expect after you leave and future birth control. This counseling is done on an individual basis, not in a group, so that you are free to discuss any concerns or issues relating to the abortion.
- You will take the abortion pill as directed by the physician.
- Within a few hours of taking the medication, you will probably start to have strong cramps and bleeding, similar to a heavy period.
- Pain medicine or a heating pad can help with the cramps.
- You may also have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, chills, or feel tired. These symptoms usually last a short time and stop on their own.
- Options for Women will give you instructions for your aftercare.
- If you have questions or concerns related to your recovery you should call the number provided to you by our center.
- It is important for you to return to the facility for a follow-up to make sure that the abortion is complete.
- At this visit you will have a pelvic examination, a pregnancy test, or ultrasound.
- In the rare case that your abortion is incomplete, you may need to take an additional dose of the medication or simply wait and return for another visit in a week or two.
- If the pregnancy is still growing, however, you will need a surgical abortion.
In order to reduce the amount of time spent at your appointment, please print, fill out and bring with you the PATIENT RECORD.
Abortion fees are due when services are rendered. Please call the office most convenient to you, to confirm the fees.
Abortion services vary by number of weeks pregnant, office location and procedure. Abortion Pill is $500. Surgical procedures in the first trimester cost between $380 and $480. Fees include the cost of all services associated with the abortion procedure including, ultrasound, blood work, counseling, examination, and the abortion procedure.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENT
Cash. No personal checks.
If you are interested in using insurance or medical assistance, please provide our office with your insurance information at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment so we can verify coverage before your visit. Insurance is accepted for abortion services with prior verification.
Learn about our Women’s Services that we offer in our private offices in Plainfield and Howell, New Jersey.